Regulatory Enforcement & White Collar Defense
Lim Ruger has extensive experience in investigations and prosecutions by various federal government and state departments and agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Fair Trade Commission, the Department of Justice, the Department of Treasury and the Department of Homeland Security. Our practice focus on matters involving investment fraud, financial institution fraud, securities fraud, government fraud, public corruption, importation violations, asset forfeiture and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. We have represented individuals as well as companies in the financial, technology, renewable energy, media and biotech industries. Our attorneys are also fluent in various foreign languages, which makes us particularly well-suited to conduct and advise on cross-border investigations.
- Department of Justice Investigations and Proceedings
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- International Trade Commission Investigations and Proceedings
- Securities and Exchange Commission Investigations and Proceedings
- Fair Trade Commission Investigations and Proceedings
- Seizure and Asset Forfeiture
- Investigated and prosecuted the largest commercial smuggling case in the history of U.S. Customs, in which the documented foreign-declared value of the smuggled goods was approximately $418 million. The U. S. government seized properties and cash with domestic value of approximately $95.5 million.
- Investigated and prosecuted the inventor of ZACAM products for importing and distributing unapproved medicine.
- Prosecuted forfeiture proceedings relating in the law firm Milberg Weiss, in which the U. S. government forfeited approximately $30 million.
- Prosecuted an investment fraud in which the defendants fraudulently induced investors to invest more than $60 million into a nationwide Ponzi scheme.
- Represented multiple officers and employees of a large South Korean corporation and its U.S. subsidiary in connection with an investigation of accounting irregularities.
- Represented transportation and logistics companies in connection with regulatory claims.
- Assisted U.S. subsidiaries of four large South Korean corporations in defending federal criminal investigations and indictments for violation of the federal campaign finance law.